Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Miley Cyrus Inspired Tutorial

   About a month ago I posted on my youtube a Miley Cyrus inspired hair and makeup tutorial. In her video she did covering a Bob Dylan song, "You're gonna make me lonesome when you go" I thought she looked so beautiful, her entire look inspired me, even her outfit!

   The main product I used was my Urban Decay 15th anniversary palette. One could easily use the Naked palette too. If you wanted to do this with drugstore products I'd recommend the Comfort Zone palette or Vanity palette by Wet n Wild.

   As for the music, I think she and Johnzo did a terrific job with the song. When I was editing my video I wanted to keep up that "folk vibe" of the song and video. I chose to use the song "Unlucky Skin" by Shakey Graves. (purchased on Bandcamp.com)

   I am fairly new to making my videos on youtube so I am still finding my style when it comes to editing. The possibilities seem to be limited, yet endless. Some viewers want a full speaking tutorial, which I did my first few videos. Others want fast forwarding through blending, which I prefer too sometimes. I tried doing a voice over recently and boy was that a challenge! It's worth it if that is what my audience wants, I'll continue to try new video styles till I find what I think ""fits"'.


   Here is my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxaZw9Dm1yA&feature=plcp


 I hope you enjoy the tutorial :) 
                      - chels 

No comments:

Post a Comment